In mid MotoGP 2016 season, has been a lot of rumors and certainty of some riders and teams who will fill MotoGP 2017 season. Jorge Lorenzo, who is certain to move to the Ducati Team, Mavrick Vinnales moved to Yamaha and Andrea Iannone followed the move replace Vinales to Suzuki.
1 Teams and riders MotoGP 2017
2 Team changes
3 Rider changes
- KTM will join the series with a factory-supported team for the first time.
- Jorge Lorenzo will join Ducati, after leaving Movistar Yamaha MotoGP. Lorenzo's move to Ducati ends his nine-year relationship with Yamaha.
- Maverick Viñales will join Yamaha, after leaving Team Suzuki Ecstar.
- Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaró will leave Tech 3 Yamaha to join the new KTM factory team for the 2017 season.
- Álex Rins will move up to premier class, making his MotoGP début with Team Suzuki Ecstar. He will be partnered by Andrea Iannone, who left Ducati.
- Sam Lowes will move up to premier class, making his MotoGP début with Aprilia Racing Team Gresini. He will be partnered by Aleix Espargaró, who left Suzuki to join the team.
- Jonas Folger will move up to premier class, making his MotoGP début with Monster Yamaha Tech 3.